Saturday, May 31, 2008

Period Worship Service


I do not know if any on the blogosphere are Civil War Re-Enactors but I am looking to put together a Reformed worship service for the Gettysburg Re-Enactment over the July 4th weekend. At nearly all Re-Enactments I go to the only options for Lord's Day Worship is a Quasi-Pentecostal or some even have RC Mass. So for this reason I am trying to organize a morning service that will allow the non-Pentecostals a place to worship. I am looking for anyone who might be there and would attend or if you would like to help organize/lead with me.

I am also looking for ideas from the blogosphere on how/what/why I should go about it and any advice you may have. I am planning on singing Psalms and giving an expository Sermon and would like advice on what you think would be best.

Thanks again,

Backwoods Presbyterian

3 comments:

Russell Smith said...

RL Dabney...I believe he was Stonewall jackson's chaplain...there might be some stuff in his work about what worship might have looked like in the camp. You might even be able to dig up one of his old sermons!

Reformed Catholic said...

Ben,

do you want a Northern Church or Southern Church service ;)

Benjamin P. Glaser said...

Well Southern of course...